For specific information regarding product warranty, refer to the DITEK 10 Year Product Warranty documentation.
CONNECTED EQUIPMENT PROTECTION WARRANTY
DITEK’s Surge Protective Devices (SPDs), as specified in the table below, include a Residential Connected Equipment Protection Warranty. Commercial and/or Industrial applications are excluded. The warranty covers the original purchaser and is non-transferable. The warranty provides coverage in the event that that a properly installed DITEK surge protective device should fail to protect your connected household equipment from a transient voltage surge or spike. DITEK will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the damaged connected equipment, up to the dollar limits listed below, provided that all conditions stated within this policy are fully satisfied. The Warranty is intended to cover damage to connected household equipment caused by transient voltage surges and spikes, which enter the equipment via surge-protected wiring. It does not cover damage caused by sustained over-voltage events, such as Utility company voltage swells, transmission line anomalies, open neutral conditions, direct or vicinity lightning strikes.
The Connected Equipment Protection Warranty coverage is secondary to any existing homeowners insurance policies, service contracts, standard warranties and/or extended warranty coverage. If any of the aforementioned warranty coverage or insurance is in place, a claim must be submitted with that provider first before making a claim through the DITEK Connected Equipment Protection Warranty. If the insurance policy or warranty claim is found to be valid, DITEK will pay up to the deductible amount of the insurance policy, service contract or warranty, or the cost to repair or replace the damaged equipment, whichever is less, but shall not exceed the coverage limit.
QUALIFYING CONDITIONS FOR CONNECTED EQUIPMENT COVERAGE
- The DITEK surge protective device must be installed at the electric meter enclosure or main electrical panel and be properly grounded.
- A transient voltage surge or spike must have entered the damaged equipment via surge-protected wires.
- Any household electronic equipment that plugs into a standard 110-120VAC outlet including, but not limited to, personal computers, Wi-Fi routers, broadband cable modems, home theater components, televisions, DVD/Blu-ray players and A/V equipment, must be directly connected to a plug-in style UL1449 4th Edition listed Type 3 surge protective device. Any equipment connected to the incoming CATV or broadband coaxial line, or telephone lines, must also have an appropriate surge protective device installed on the incoming coaxial or telephone wiring.
- HVAC systems, well pumps, pool pumps, pool controls and/or spa equipment must have a DITEK UL1449 4th Edition listed Type 1 or Type 2 surge protective device, intended for the specific application, installed at the equipment disconnect switch, circuit breaker or electrical sub panel directly feeding the equipment.
- The DITEK surge protective device must be installed in accordance with DITEK’s specific installation instructions. All installations must comply with the applicable electrical and safety codes set forth by the National Electrical Code (NEC) or Canadian Electrical (CE) Code, as well as any local jurisdiction codes.
- The DITEK surge protective device must show signs of surge damage.
- The connected equipment shall be UL or CSA listed and/or shall have all applicable and pertinent agency approvals and certifications.
- Any claim under this Connected Equipment Protection Warranty must be submitted within 30 days of the date of damage to the equipment.
- The Connected Equipment Protection Warranty is applicable only in the United States or Canada.
- The Connected Equipment Protection Warranty covers standard residential equipment only. Commercial and/or Industrial equipment is excluded.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTY
- Damage to equipment resulting from a transient voltage surge or spike entering on unprotected wires or lines.
- Restoration of lost data and/or reinstallation of software.
- Damage to Medical equipment, solar panel arrays and inverters, whole house and portable generators.
- Damage caused by lack of proper grounding.
- Damage caused by abuse, misuse, tampering, alteration or negligence.
- Damage caused if the surge protective device was operating in failure mode or was not installed in compliance with the DITEK install instructions.
- Damage caused if the surge protective device was exposed to energy exceeding its specified capacity.
- Damage caused if the connected equipment was not operated in compliance with the instructions and manuals of its manufacturer.
- Damage caused by unauthorized product modification, vandalism, theft, war, insurrection, normal-use wear and tear, accidents, fires or natural disaster such as wind, flood, Utility company voltage swells, sustained over-voltage events, open neutral conditions, direct or vicinity lightning strikes.
- DITEK shall in no way be held liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages based upon breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or damages not specifically included in this policy, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or multiple damages arising from the use of the Product or damage to the connected equipment, regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based.
- DITEK shall in no way be held liable for losses due to loss of software, downtime, cost of substitute equipment, facilities or services, loss of profits, loss of revenue, damage to property and personal injury, or claims of third parties including customers and insurance companies.
- Reimbursement for labor, transportation, removal, installation or other expenses incurred with the repair or replacement associated with sending the DITEK product in for evaluation.
- Retain all sales receipts and/or installation invoices.
- Obtain an evaluation report from an independent party stating the specific cause or source of damage to the equipment.
- File a claim under the existing homeowners insurance policy, standard warranty, service contract or extended warranty coverage provider.
- If all qualifying conditions are satisfied, contact the DITEK customer service department HERE to obtain a Claim Form and a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number for the return of the DITEK surge protective device. DITEK will send you a Claim Form that must be filled out and returned within 30 days, along with a copy of the sales receipt, installation invoice, independent evaluation report and homeowners insurance claim report.
- Mark the RMA number on the damaged DITEK Product with indelible ink, enclose the completed Claim Form and return to DITEK along with a copy of your sales receipt or invoice for the DITEK Product.
- Mark the RMA number on the outside of the box.
- Ship the package prepaid to:
|Attn: RMA # __________|
|1720 Starkey Road|
|Largo, FL 33771|
- DITEK will evaluate the returned Product to determine its condition and look for evidence of transient surge failure. If there is evidence of surge damage to the DITEK Product, then DITEK will, at its option, send a call tag to pickup the damaged connected equipment for evaluation, or alternately, authorize you to have the equipment repaired or reimburse you for the fair market value as determined by DITEK, up to the dollar limits stated for that particular product. If there is no evidence of surge damage to the DITEK Product, then DITEK will reject your claim.
- If you are authorized by DITEK to have the damaged equipment repaired, the repair must be performed at a service center authorized by the equipment’s manufacturer. DITEK reserves the right to contact the service center directly to discuss damage and repair costs. DITEK may, at its discretion, issue payment to you in reimbursement for the fair market value of the connected equipment damaged. If you receive reimbursement for the fair market value, DITEK reserves the right to require you to transfer title and deliver the damaged equipment to DITEK.
LIMITS OF COVERAGE UNDER THE CONNECTED EQUIPMENT PROTECTION WARRANTY
|DITEK PRODUCT MODEL||DOLLAR LIMIT||PERIOD|
|DTK-120/240XD, D50-CM||$10,000||5 years|
|DTK-120/240HD, D50-120/2401||$10,000||5 Years|
This warranty becomes effective on April 1st, 2021.
DITEK products purchased and installed before this date are not covered under the Connected Equipment Protection Warranty.